NRS 428VN Topic 5 Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation
Answer: NRS 428VN Topic 5 Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation
A community teaching work plan is an important method of sensitizing a community or a group of individuals on the need of maintaining sanitary conditions (McGetrick et al., 2019).
The extent to which impediments to community teaching exist; insufficient funds for the activity hesitant human resources to carry out the exercise due to low program compensation
There is a lack of a defined organized curriculum for carrying out community teaching.
5 Guidelines for Making Better PowerPoint Presentations
- Maintain Simplicity.
- The recipe for a great slide is a simple language, short words, and a few slides.
- Everything revolves around design. Your presentations should be simple to understand and visually appealing.
- Allow Your Slides to Tell a Story.
- Engage Your Audience.
- End with a Call to Action.
Benchmark – Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation
The benchmark assesses the following competencies: 3.3 Provide individualized education to diverse patient populations in a variety of health care settings. The RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students to engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities. Based on the feedback offered by the provider, identify the best approach for teaching. Prepare a presentation based on the Teaching Work Plan and present the information to your community.
Options for Delivery Select one of the following options for delivery and prepare the applicable presentation:
1. PowerPoint presentation – no more than 30 minutes
2. Pamphlet presentation – 1 to 2 pages
3. Poster presentation Selection of Community Setting These are considered appropriate community settings.
Choose one of the following:
1. Public health clinic
2. Community health center
3. Long-term care facility
4. Transitional care facility
5. Home health center
6. University/School health center
7. Church community
8. Adult/Child care center Community Teaching Experience Approval Form Before presenting information to the community, seek approval from an agency administrator or representative using the “Community Teaching Experience Approval Form.” Submit this form as directed in the Community Teaching Experience Approval assignment dropbox.
General Requirements While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.